Posted on March 27, 2017 by CathyW
I am writing this post because today two people I know were driving themselves crazy trying to get Word to number and bullet properly. Often happens when you have more than one line and not just a list. It’s important to go back to basics and remind yourself to check and double check settings. Sometimes you have to clear the settings out. Word is designed with big companies and offices in mind and so if you change what you are doing frequently you can sometimes fall foul of the settings. You can read straight forward instructions here on computerhope. There are times when it’s most certainly not you – it’s them – and the best thing to do is Google for help with something like: how to fix numbering in Word 2013. You If nothing else you will be comforted to know it’s not just you!!
Filed under: classroom, software, technology | Tagged: bullets and numbering, how to set bullets and numbering, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Windows | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 12, 2016 by CathyW
I have just been through this silly thing of trying to look at two different Excel workbooks. I wanted to view them side by side but as I clicked on one it replaced the other one. I googled, as you do, and found this helpful advice on the Microsoft support site. If you open two workbooks they are down on the taskbar and you can switch between them by clicking on the relevant one. If you want to view them simultaneously you have to go to View and Arrange All. Easy when you know how! I am using Office 2007. I have other version but his one is my favourite.
Filed under: classroom, e-learning, software | Tagged: Excel, Excel workbooks, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Office 2007, view Excel workbooks | 1 Comment »
Posted on September 12, 2013 by CathyW
It is so annoying when you have a really good word document all finished and then you find out there are these extra blank pages you don’t want. There are two fixes:
1. Reset the margins and remove as much as you can from the bottom of the page and the blank page will magically disappear.
3. By using select all or running the cursor over the page you will find out if there are mystery objects on the page which you were oblivious to. Like the blank page I have just had. It had image boxes in various places. Once I removed them from the page I clicked on the page and pressed delete and it vanished forever.
Filed under: e-learning, software, technology | Tagged: blank pages in Word, e-learning, Microsoft Office, software, technology, Word | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 14, 2013 by CathyW
Sometimes you want to add slides from a Powerpoint presentation into your new one. Slide presentations need to be changed, updated, reformatted and just used for other purposes. Slide presentations are a bank of resources to be utilised. To add slides form one presentation to the other is the same on Windows and Mac but Windows will bring the slides to be selected up on the right. The images I am using are for the Mac because that is what we use at school.
1. Open the presentation
2. Click on New Slide top left in toolbar.
3. Select insert slides from other presentation.
4. Browse and choose the presentation you want to use. Click to open
5. Select slide(s) you want to insert
6. Click insert and continue with steps 4-6 until you have selected all the slides you wish.
Don’t forget to save it as your new presentation!
Filed under: classroom, e-learning, software, technology | Tagged: Apple Office, e-learning, insert slides, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, technology | 4 Comments »