Laptops get dirty and harbour germs and bacteria. Some people eat over them or use the camera like a mirror and put make up on. If your laptop has a case, little bits and pieces will get between the case and the laptop and the surface of the laptop will get scratches over time and the keyboard will get clogged with bits and pieces which will prevent air flow.
1. You can’t clean a laptop keyboard by turning the laptop upside down and banging it. Bad idea!
2. If your laptop is on loan from an organisation then they should have recommendations as to how to keep it clean.
3. If it is not your laptop, don’t pull it apart.
4. Unplug the laptop and turn it off before cleaning.
5. Use water or screen cleaner and use them very sparingly. Water and electricity don’t mix.
6. I’d rather use a puffer brush than canned air for environmental reasons.
7. I use a small , good quality brush rather than a pipe cleaner for cleaning nooks and crevices.
8. Laptop TLC is worth it !