I am a big desktop user and am pretty labour intensive when it comes to desktops. My desktop never stops working and doing so it has been interesting to have a week away from it so see what it really means in my life. I have had 10 minutes in the morning and evening to do banking, emails, Facebook check and whatever else I can fit in. No cheating just the plan. Some would call it a detox but I have been using my iPad because it’s portable. What have I learnt?
1. I do not trust tablets and phones for internet banking.
2. Webmail is pretty ordinary compared with functionality of desktop email client.
3. I am a consumer on an iPad and can’t produce in a quality way on a tablet.
4. So easy just to get out a tablet and have a quick flick around things.
5. I really am connected on the Net and miss the internet connections.
6. Tablet Twitter is pretty good.
7. Tweetdeck on desktop gives you 360 degree vision and overview
8. I can still learn to code no matter what the device
9. It has been good to have a break because I now have a different picture of how technology fits into my life.
10. Desktops are juggernauts compared with tablets but I have a more diverse experience on desktop.