1. First thing I feel compelled to do is personalise my desktop. I need nice pictures and colours before I can even think of getting going.
2. I download Advanced System Care because it checks the system. On Linux I use GConf. On Apply Onyx.
3. I download AVG anti virus for Windows
4. I set up Waterfox and Chrome
5. I download Driver Detective to check the drivers and system. It gives a very good overview.
Then I go and get Thunderbird because I need a local email client even if it may not be the popular way of doing things these days. I have tried online email. It’s just not really my thing. Once all of that is done I can happily get on with productivity!