WordPress itself offers a number of useful features and it pays to learn about them and to incorporate them into your blog. So who were my top referrers for the past year?
1. en.wordpress.com – the WordPress page which keeps you up tp date on the latest posts from WordPress blogs.
3. Twitter – I tweet out every post and WordPress has made that bit easier in the last year.
4. Daymap – our school’s LMS
5. Facebook – I offer an opportunity to share my posts through social media because it is something WordPress offered me.
If I scan the rest of the list of my top referrers then social media is playing a strong role, as are Linux/Debian based sites and then Google. So what have I learnt?
1. To tag my posts is important.
2. To offer readers a way of sharing.
3. To centre my blog on what might be useful for my school.
4. To offer practical help
5. To show the scope of technology in education.